Changed/additional rules

If you have a suggestion related to our server & gamemode, you can share it here.

Moderators: Suggestions helpers, Developers

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » April 5, 2024, 6:23 am
Your name: Lost_Soul
Suggestion headline: Add/change
Picture: Keep the picture in this
Spoiler: show

Importance of suggestion: 9/10
Why should it be accepted: In the time I've been here, I've seen more and more forms of abuse popping up, and some get handled, some get eliminated, some need to be a bit more clear on what is/isn't allowed, so I'm suggesting a few rule changes/additions to clear things up and eliminate the currently most abused things in the server.

Change: Single Dm Currently, single DM is not reportable, which makes sense as some players do make mistakes and it's not worth the reports. However, I think single DM reports should be allowed if the DMing is clearly malicious, such as a blue users shooting up a white users car. So a hitman shooting anyone could be a mistake, but a white user just gunning down blue users via driveby is clearly abuse.

Change: Hit evasion: Two main forms of abusing this are going on right now. And I think both need to be made unallowed.
-> First, users are not exiting burning vehicles, which explode and kill them but the hit does NOT register as claimed. Multiple users have found doing this to be a successful way to evade hits by just staying in their cars and claiming they are 'running away' but in reality, they are intentionally making sure we don't get score/pay despite having done the job. This includes committing self unalive to escape, such as jumping from a roof or using a gas pump, both of which are no different than /kill which is NOT allowed when hit
-> Second, disallow users from staying in "reasonably unfindable" interiors. I keep finding AFK users in /list but their location is "Unknown" which makes it impossible to find them. I've also had multiple users hiding inside the Shamal interior, because by the time you figure out where they are, and realize you need to find a specific Shamal on the map, the hit is going to expire.

Change: Wording of cuff abuse. Currently, the wording is the following:

-> Utilizing the /cuff command as a weapon against an unwanted or innocent hitman. This rule does not restrict the use of /cuff to conduct one (1) search or /rp within a reasonable period of time. The unwanted or innocent hitman must be given reasonable opportunity to retreat after being uncuffed.

Change to -> Utilizing the /cuff command as a weapon against an unwanted or innocent hitman. You may not do any of the following:

- Cuff with the intent to shoot them while they are cuffed/waiting to be uncuffed
- If you cuff a hitman, you are expected to LEAVE, or give them reasonable time to leave themselves.
- Cuff a hitman/multiple hitmen in order to assist a friend who has a hit

Furthermore, You shall not use hits as a form of personal gain by doing the following:

-Placing a hit on someone you are teaming with while you have a hit so they can help you.
-Placing a hit on a random criminal as a cop so they can help you against an unwanted hitman
-Placing a hit on someone nearby if a hitman is also nearby and then arrest the hitman
-This includes placing a valid hit on someone if the goal is to get the hitman wanted so you can arrest them.
-Place hits on hitmen who are teaming in the hope of a crossfire advantage

Change: Timer for hits: I think hits being valid for five minutes is simply too long. It's incredibly easy for someone to commit a hostile action, then forget about it for 3 minutes, and when they get hit it appears invalid. I've had hits placed after four minutes when nothing is going on/when a hostile action was performed earlier in a first encounter, but a second encounter did not include a hostile action, and then the hit is very easy to mistake as being random or invalid. Hit timer should only be within 60 seconds of the hostile action.

Add: Not allowed to use chainsaws within range of a door. This has been suggested by multiple people multiple times, but I'm adding it here as well. At no point should anyone be standing by the checkpoint for a door with a chainsaw. This includes waiting outside in the checkpoint, and waiting inside in the checkpoint. Players must be given a reasonable time to 'spawn' through these checkpoints instead of being insta-killed by this poor form of gameplay.

Add: Players may not intentionally bitch hitmen while hit. Some examples of this are as follows:
-Hunting hitmen who are not actively attacking you
-Entering any base to attack hitmen UNLESS they are retreating into said base
-cuffing hitmen to /search them if they are not actively attacking you
-Use a vehicle to shoot a hitman who has not actively attacked you
-Kill hitmen for no reason aside from "I have hit"

Add: Additional reason to Pagati roleplay "Interrupt Pagati in the course of official roleplay. You should not deliberately carry out any actions that could lead to a player being withdrawn from officially announced Pagati roleplaying activity. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
attacking, handcuffing, searching, arresting, raping, or kidnapping."

Add to this: Enter any roleplay zone (marked as brown on the minimap) for any reason unless:

-You are ACTIVELY pursuing someone who recently entered the zone (I.E: They entered the zone with you having been chasing them for a reasonable amount of time)
-You have gotten permission from the people in the zone to enter
-Roleplay within the brown zones does NOT need to be announced. Assume everyone in a brown roleplay zone is currently roleplaying, regardless of if it was announced or not.

Mr.sultan

SultaN

by Mr.sultan » April 5, 2024, 10:22 am
I would agree with everything after reading the whole damn essay. Without a doubt, Karu's suggestions are necessary. +1

Spoiler: show
La Famiglia Assassini Pagati
Vito Corleone.

Former Top 1

Former Enforcer

Mockery

Mockery
Game Administrator

by Mockery » April 24, 2024, 6:30 am
1) Single dm: You can report for single dm if an admin is available in-game. Only forums reports for single dm are not allowed.

2) Hit evasion: a) If they do not exit the burning vehicle, and your last bullets hit the user few seconds before the explosion, the kill list shows your name and you can easily claim the hit. (atleast works this way for other classes, not very sure for hitman but should work)

b) +1 on this. We can not disallow players from going AFK inside interiors, but an update which would show the interiors exact location could help.

3) Cuff rules: Users are not allowed to cuff and uncuff users to deal damage, that is not allowed and is considered as cuff abuse. Cops are allowed to search hitmen as they are normal players and if they carry drugs, they also carry the risk of being searched. As for the cuffing part to help their teammates, this is completely fine as well because you are being hostile to the team and the cuff range is very small and can be easily evaded.

4) Time for hits: Neutral on this. 5 minutes look fine to me but I wont mind if it gets reduced.

5) Chasing hitman part: If one user decides to spawn as a hitman, he carries the risk of being shot. If you do not want to get shot, or have no intention to claim a hit then you should consider changing your skin. Pagati is an exception since as far as I know they can only spawn as hitman.

6) Roleplay rules: +1 on this as long as it does not get abused where people take shelter in roleplay zones claiming we are in brown zone and engaged in roleplay.

Karu_Tepes

Lost_Soul
Pagati Don
Supporter

by Karu_Tepes » April 24, 2024, 6:55 am
5) Chasing hitman part: If one user decides to spawn as a hitman, he carries the risk of being shot. If you do not want to get shot, or have no intention to claim a hit then you should consider changing your skin. Pagati is an exception since as far as I know they can only spawn as hitman.

Incorrect, we can spawn without being hitmen. Unfortunately, there is a problem in vehicle on vehicle DM allowing users to deathmatch us, and if we have /rpmode on they can kill us regardless.

6) Roleplay rules: +1 on this as long as it does not get abused where people take shelter in roleplay zones claiming we are in brown zone and engaged in roleplay.

Referring to my suggestion:

Add to this: Enter any roleplay zone (marked as brown on the minimap) for any reason unless:

-You are ACTIVELY pursuing someone who recently entered the zone (I.E: They entered the zone with you having been chasing them for a reasonable amount of time)
-You have gotten permission from the people in the zone to enter
-Roleplay within the brown zones does NOT need to be announced. Assume everyone in a brown roleplay zone is currently roleplaying, regardless of if it was announced or not.

If you're being chased you would NOT be allowed to enter the one and force roleplay. You're on your own.

Referring to the 'taking shelter' part, the ONLY time a wanted user should be within a roleplay zone for any length of time is solely IF they are roleplaying. No one should just AFK or hang out while wanted, they need to either bribe or jump from the roof to remove their wanted level UNLESS they are currently roleplay AND the wanted level is from the roleplay. I don't know about Maltesini, but I have made it clear that if you're not roleplay and you're wanted, I will 100% let the cops in to do what they need. So yes, I agree it should not be abused.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Server Suggestions”